Author Topic: World Epilepsy Day Event  (Read 7080 times)

World Epilepsy Day Event
« on: March 24, 2021, 07:04:46 PM »
Hi everyone! We are inviting all of you to this week's trivia match in the TWISTED TRIVIA chatroom.  The match will take place on Friday, March 26, 2021 @ 11pm GMT (London, UK).  It is a game of 150 questions, with a break of 5 minutes after 75 questions.  This week we will be drawing focus to World Epilepsy Awareness Day also known as Purple Day.

About Purple day: This is the official day to raise awareness about Epilepsy. This neurological disease affects around 50 million people worldwide. Twisted Trivia want to raise awareness on epilepsy because there is still a lot of misinformation. We want to increase the public’s understanding of this brain disorder and eliminate the fear and stigma surrounding it. Follow this site for more information: https://www.purpleday.org/Epilepsy

This week's questions will have a PURPLE theme! 20 of our questions will be about purple things and 5 special questions will focus on Epilepsy.   This match is played in a team tournament format, so when you come in the room at match time, type "!join <number 1-4>" to join a team.  For example, if you wanted to join team 2, you'd type "!join 2".  The teams his week will be 1 - Lilac, 2 - Violet, 3 - Orchid and 4 - Magenta.  We'd also love if you could come sporting your favourite shade of purple as your font colour. To keep current with upcoming events in Twisted Trivia, please visit and "like" our Facebook page at this link: https://www.facebook.com/TriviaAllHours

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Eggιє

• View Profile
Re: World Epilepsy Day Event
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »
Sounds like fun, will be there! :P :P :P

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 03:25:37 PM »
Here is when the match will be played according to where you are in the world:

Vancouver, Canada/Los Angeles, USA 4pm Friday, March 26
Toronto, Canada/New York City, USA 7pm Friday, March 26
Halifax, Canada 8pm Friday, March 26
São Paulo, Brazil 8pm Friday, March 26
London, UK 11pm Friday, March 26
Amsterdam, Netherlands 12midnight Saturday, March 27
Perth, Australia 7am Saturday, March 27
Brisbane, Australia 9am Saturday, March 27
Sydney/Melbourne, Australia 10am Saturday, March 27
Wellington, New Zealand 12noon Saturday, March 27

If your city/region isn't listed above, let me know and I'll figure out what time the match will be for you!

- Easty

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »
Hi William!  I'm sorry, but this was an online event.  It took place in the Twisted Trivia chatroom here on the Buzzen network.  So unfortunately there are no pictures.

RickNash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 02:35:01 AM »
Hi, Thanks for sharing this important information.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 08:01:45 PM »
Hi everyone!  Thank you for your interest in this special event.  I'm not sure if we will be doing another epilepsy awareness event, but every Friday at 11:00pm London time we have a special team trivia tournament match in the Twisted Trivia Chat room right here on Buzzen.  All are welcome to play.  The matches consist of 25 theme questions (the theme changes each week) and 125 general trivia questions...for a total of 150 questions.  We play 75 questions, then there is a 5 minute break and then we play the remaining 75 questions.  There are 4 teams that play and we would love to have you join one!  Here is the direct link to the Twisted Trivia chat room:

http://chat.buzzen.com/c/?cn=Twisted%5cbTrivia%5cb

I hope to see you all there!!

eastcoastgirl   :)