Author Topic: Banned from Open Minded - 2nd post to BSR Owner  (Read 1870 times)

GKBK

• View Profile
Banned from Open Minded - 2nd post to BSR Owner
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:26:49 AM »
Hi again! This is my second post in this forum. My first post was deleted in this forum on 01/27/2023. I posted a sincere question as to why I was banned. This was the first time I was banned and I asked the Help Desk because I didn't know the process of being unbanned and Help Desk said there was no recourse as Open Minded was a privately owned room. However, in the Code of Conduct guidelines and reading the Buzzen Forum I found this was the thread to request information as to why I was permanently banned by Open Minded and the thread states that a person is to ask with civility and respectfully. I understand two of my photos were reported and removed and that's fine but that's what started my path to banishment. I'm going to keep posting because either my posts or photos are being removed within hours of sharing on the forum thread or Buzzen. I didn't bully or harass anyone and when asked to drop it I did but I'm not going to drop it because 1) I asked for help and what I should do because this was the first time in over a decade I was banned on Buzzen and I was basically told to grow up and I was banned and was told that if I continued I would be banned from Buzzen entirely. 2) it seems unreasonable to be banned because I expressed my concerns about my photos being reported and deleted and I went over the COC with a fine tooth comb last night and I really wanted to understand to improve so I wouldn't offend anyone and I hope I didn't! I have met in person wonderful people from Open Minded and we've always had a lot of fun visiting in Texas or Mississippi and California. I've invited my friends from chat to my home and hosted them!  I've been chatting on Buzzen in Open Minded since 2004 when I returned from Iraq and Ripped Stockings was no longer available. I've know most of the regulars for decades. We'll see how long this post stays up!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:30:21 AM by GKBK »

ŋauġhty ġurļ

• Events
    • View Profile
Re: Banned from Open Minded - 2nd post to BSR Owner
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 02:47:13 PM »
I don't know anything about your situation, and its really none of my business.
But, I am trying to help.
I do know the sponsors who pay to keep us chatting for free, have guidelines for what is an acceptable picture for our profiles.
Here is my rule of thumb, head shots only, not even cleavage, just your face. Your pets, your garden, scenery anything mundane and innocuous.
No, Buzzen didn't tell me this, I figured it out on my own.

GKBK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 03:11:42 PM »
Hi NG, Thank you for responding. Good advice! The Help Desk did explain via email per my support ticket today that I violated the Buzzen Code of Conduct with two photos I posted. I understand now why they were reported. I'm permanently banned from Open Minded and there is nothing I can do about that. No worries. I'll continue to support the Radio and fundraisers! Lots of love from the tundra!

Wes_BCN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 03:37:52 PM »
Normally I and Buzzen would not do this in public, but at this point I am absolutely sick of the bitching about images. Buzzen is the only IRCWx network that you can have a photo album of pictures, which use a lot of space on the server, a server that has to be paid for every month. Buzzen actually uses three different servers to run different parts of the chat. This all cost money every month. Where does the funds come from well 1 is the advertising and in order to have that advertising they have placed restrictions on what is allowed in the public site meaning blogs, photos, profiles, anything that can be viewed on the main https://www.buzzen.com website. Don't agree with that...well too bad don't upload images it's that simple. If the ad revenue doesn't cover the monthly costs guess what I have to pay the difference out of my own pocket. I do this because I feel people need a clean fun place to chat. The Buzzen staff volunteer countless hours every week to try and provide that, and what do they get. People bitching that they are harassing and bullying them for enforcing Buzzen's Policies.

Since I took over running the servers, today is the first time we have not had any infractions from googles content policy. This is due to the fact that the volunteers all work to make sure we keep a revenue source to provide the services we do. So if they remove a pic, they remove a pic. Once you upload it it is on my server and they have been given authority to deem what is acceptable according to the policy and what isn't. At the end of the day Buzzen has the right to remove any content they deem period.

Now to GKBK's Post:

First: You went into HelpDek, and right off the bat you were not respectful to the staff you jumped right on them about your images and wanting to file a complaint. When it was attempted to explain to you they were removed for violating the image policy you argued and would not listen and just wanted to file a complaint. The only thing the staff member said to you that wasn't directly linked to the image policy is that Buzzen is staffed by volunteers, and we provide a free service, both of which are true. During your whole interaction with the staff member you took on the attitude of i didn't do anything and i see far worse. Guess what Buzzen photo albums have over 36,000 images right this moment. Do you think the few volunteers can see everything. No we can't. we try our hardest to keep on top of everything but some things do slip through. And then to turn around and say i see far worse on Buzzen. Well la-di-da, Your images were removed for violating the policy deal with it, and stop acting like a 5 year old "but they did it too"

Second: your first post was removed due to the fact it was bullshit. YOU DID NOT REMOVE THE IMAGES, BUZZEN DID. And then you turned around and reuploaded the images and they were removed again. Guess what they weren't allowed the first time what makes you think they would be allowed the second time. Normally we would server ban you for 7 days for this infraction only because you obviously didn't learn the first time. The image policy is right there when you upload a damn photo.

Thrid: Where does it say the room owner must reply to you on anything. Just like any other chatter they have the choice of whom they talk to and whom they don't This forum was put into place to maybe get a user an answer since Buzzen does not get involved in user created room bans nor do we monitor them.

Forth: you made a comment about us allowing racism. Well this is just down right absurd, if Buzzen staff see any type of racism ( that Bot_Confucius doesn't pick up we will take action. If someone reports racism with a screenshort or some form of proof that isn't easily editable ie copy/paste, we will take action. Do we catch everything...no we are only human and have lives. We do not sit at the computer 24/7 watching rooms and waiting to pounce on every little infraction. The volunteers also like to just be chatters and chat with others.

As for your ban in Open Minded, well I know for a fact Open Minded does not tolerate any kind of bashing of Buzzen. You left help desk and went back to that room and started bashing, So maybe that is why you were banned.

I could care less what your opinion of me or the staff are. But enough is enough, you make a complaint in helpdesk, go back into a room and continue bitching cause you didnt' like the response, now two posts and a support ticket. All cause you are being bullied and harassed by staff when all they did was enforce Buzzen's content policy...

GKBK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 03:53:41 PM »
I do not have a personal opinion of you or the other volunteers who help with Buzzen. I don't know you at all. I asked for help because I honestly didn't know what I specially did that was in violation of and why I was banned. I know now why I was banned and why the photos were not within the Code of Conduct because you told me. I didn't "bash" the room or Buzzen, I said something about it and I was asked to drop it and I did. I was also told I couldn't do anything about and to grow up by you specifically. Then I went back and read the COC and the forums because you said it was up to the owner of the room and I found this forum. I don't chat every day, I don't chat every month, I have gone years without chatting because I was deployed or otherwise.  I normally, would not respond to you directly but since you told me to go blank myself via email: this is what you wrote to me via email and I wasn't going to share it because it would be disrespectful to the long hours and hard work the volunteers who do help on Buzzen. Do you tell every chatter go go F-themselves?

Re: Contact me: Chat-related question
Inbox
Buzzen Support Team <support@buzzen.com>

10:51 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
First off who died and made you queen of Buzzen, since when do you make the rules and say what is allowed and what is not? Last time I looked, one you spend absolutely no time trying to make Buzzen a place for all to chat. 2 If you would take the time to actually read our policies, you would know there is a hell of a lot more than just nudity that will be removed. This policy has been in place for at least the last decade. So it is not new, nor are you being targeted. Buzzen staff will enforce the policies of Buzzen if we have proof of any violation. And to put it bluntly, I could care less if you feel enforcing the rules of this chat network is bullying. Grow the fuck up you are not special nor the be all of Buzzen. You don't pay the bills, nor have to worry about the legalities of images on a server in your name. The staff put in countless hours every week here for absolutely no pay and then have to deal with self-righteous people like you accusing them of harassment for enforcing the rules. You don't like the rules...the door is over there use it and don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out.
As for your ban in Open Minded, well maybe you should use our service to bash our service. The owners and hosts of that room do not like the bashing of Buzzen and have every right to remove anyone from their room for their own reasons, Buzzen does not monitor nor enforce room rules in a user-created room. Never have. So again you weren't targeted, your own actions lead to your ban from that room.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:55:43 PM by GKBK »

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 03:59:36 PM »
I would also like to note that this Karen incident was geared to cause drama.  You clearly relish in causing it.  Not once did anyone say you were banned from Open Minded, even after you attacked peoples character.  You merely wanted to portray to everyone that you are innocent party.  Well guess what honey, just because you are offended, doesn't mean you were right.  Read it again. 

Also, everyone can attest to the fact that we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to racism.  If we see it, we deal with it.

Just a thought, but if Buzzen is so horrible, and you have been so bullied and harassed by the removal of two pictures and not being allowed to bash the free service YOU use, maybe chat isn't for you.  You might be a little too fragile.  I would have thought you would be used to being told to go F-yourself by now.

GKBK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 04:00:39 PM »
To be transparent, this was my response to your email this today:

DM Le Beau <tawacinwastewi1868@gmail.com>

11:42 AM (2 hours ago)

to Buzzen
Dear Buzzen Support,

Interesting response. I am not the queen of anything nor am I trying to be. I asked because I had never been banned since 2004 and I don't chat everyday, every month or even every year. I also have never had my photos reported before so all of this was new to me and you are right and I asked for help so I wouldn't make the same mistake again. I was not familar with the Buzzen COC but I am now! I did not "bash" Buzzen and I did mention it in the chat room and was informed that I should stop mentioning it and I did, I dropped it and then I was banned. I'm not self-righteous or trying to come across that way at all and I've appreciated the hosts and their help. I've donated to Buzzen in the past to support Open Minded, I've regularly donated to SIzzle and Radio Relay and I know they are not part of the Buzzen entity. I'm not the person swearing and telling chatters who have enjoyed Buzzen for decades to blank off or otherwise. I wouldn't do that to you or anyone. Thank you for your response and taking the time to respond, be well!

GKBK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 04:16:10 PM »
Nightmare, I was banned and I went to the Help Desk. I was trying to figure out what I need to do or if there was any recourse to being banned and what was wrong with my photos because I was never banned before and I wasn't sure how I was in violation so I wouldn't do it again! I'm former military, nothing anyone does or says to me is really an issue but I wanted to know and was told to grow up and f-off by people who are there to well, help. If I am a Karen for asking for help and standing up for myself then so be it.

Wes_BCN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 04:27:14 PM »
Holy fuck enough is enough, now i am going to plainly say it incase all this correspondence hasn't been clear. YOU ARE USING MY SERVICE. YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND DON'T COME BACK. I am done with this god damn drama. Your pictures were removed period THERE IS NO RECOURSE. THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED.