Author Topic: How to AirPlay on Chromecast?  (Read 910 times)

robertooo11

How to AirPlay on Chromecast?
« on: July 25, 2023, 06:45:21 AM »
Hey, I was wondering if you could help me figure out how to AirPlay on Chromecast? I've been trying to stream content from my iOS device, but I'm not sure how to do it effectively. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

ricerick3

Re: How to AirPlay on Chromecast?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 10:14:50 AM »
Of course! To AirPlay on Chromecast from your iOS device, you'll need to use a third-party app called Replica. It allows you to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to Chromecast, essentially achieving AirPlay functionality. To get started, make sure your iOS device and Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network. Then, download the Replica app from the App Store. Once installed, open the app, and tap the "Cast" button. Select your Chromecast device from the list, and you should see your iOS screen mirrored on your TV through Chromecast. For more detailed instructions, you can learn more this helpful guide on Macgasm.

martinharris

Re: How to AirPlay on Chromecast?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:45:30 AM »
While the Replica app primarily focuses on mirroring your iOS device's screen to Chromecast, it's worth noting that the audio output may still come from your iPhone or iPad's built-in speakers. If you want to enjoy a more immersive audio experience, consider connecting your iOS device to external speakers or a soundbar.

You can achieve this by using a Bluetooth connection or an audio cable (such as a 3.5mm auxiliary cable or a Lightning to HDMI adapter with audio output). By doing so, the sound will be routed through the connected speakers, enhancing the audio quality and making it more enjoyable, especially when watching videos or listening to music.