Author Topic: Age Requirment  (Read 11740 times)

Memphis

• View Profile
Age Requirment
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »
Hello,

It has come to my attention that certain chat rooms have an age limit requirement. I can totally understand why they would ask for this. I have also heard from other chatters who absolutely cringe at putting their age. Was wondering, or suggesting in the age drop down there was a simple button that said "Over 21" so they show that they are of age but don't get negative feedback from other chatters saying "sure they are so and so of age" . Just a suggestion.

err0r

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Age Requirment
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »
When a user is under 18 there is an image in their profile showing them to be underage. Even if they don't list their age. Buzzen is 16+

If individual rooms wish to have an age restriction it is up to them to enforce it how they see fit.

Open_Minded

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 08:59:13 PM »
Maybe I am confused, I was under the impression that age is required in profiles ( Buzzen). We have been enforcing this rule as such.

Bamberg_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 05:43:01 AM »
When filling out ones profile age is a requirement but you have an option to show the age when the profile is viewed.  Anyone can place a fake age in their settings if rooms require them to display it.

err0r

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »
There is no buzzen rule about displaying age in their profiles. We require they insert their age for our records but they have the option not to display it to the public. Buzzen is a 16+ chat network. We monitor for users under 16. Rooms make up their own rules when it comes to whether a user displays their age or not. We do have an image to tell if a user is under 18 so that any adult oriented room can deal with underage users.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:37:50 AM by err0r »

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »

Discussing  the age of chatters by other chatters is silly .Buzzen and the room owners are the only ones that should be concerned about the age of its chatters .They are thes ones responsible for the problem under age chatters create.I do agree that teens under 18 should not be allowed to chat in adult rooms because there are bad people in these rooms that could affect them. The problem at hand is and should be the racism in certain rooms  on buzzens servers. Chatters have learned how to rewrite the N word as to not get  booted that's a daily thing in certain rooms. We should be able to chat every room on buzzen and not see racial slurs tossed about the room as if its a common thing . It seems people have no respect for one another anymore .The stuff that I have witnessed typed in a certain room is appalling and degrading , so the age of chatters is a minor thing  . Frankly , some  of the people act like they are 14 years old and they are suppose to be adults in their 40's 50's and 60's. It's sad to see so called grown ups act like this . :(

err0r

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
I wish we lived in a world where you aren't subjected to racism, hate, etc. However like the offline world there is no way to completely shield yourself from it. Staff do their best to deal with the issue. We put things into place to limit it but there is no way it can ever be 100% stopped. I would hope Buzzen chatters would understand this and realize that part of chat's appeal is you open yourself up to many different people, ideas, opinions that you may not ordinarily come into contact with. This is also a downside of chat. You may encounter people, ideas, opinions that you don't agree with and even find offensive. There is an ignore feature to use on those people. Expecting any society, especially a mostly anonymous one, to stop all forms of hate, racism, etc is really unrealistic and unfair to the people who try to limit it as best they can.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:56:09 PM by err0r »

err0r

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 05:40:57 PM »
Permanent banning would be a fix if you could actually permanently ban someone. It's easier now than it has ever been to simply change your IP using vpns/proxies/etc and create a new account. Even during the MSN chat days they couldn't permanently ban anyone with the knowledge to get around them. We literally have 1,000s of IP bans in place as we speak.

â„¢NoToRiOuSâ„¢

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D IM ONLY 12  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-*

syloxRANDALL

• Restrictred User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 03:37:56 AM »
I am shocked that an issue so important to humanity would be denigrated to light hearted banter.

Have I missed something in this conversation?

Please advise.

X______

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
This forum is about serious Buzzen technical questions only guys....I will be forced to involve the chat police if it continues.....

Thank You...

p.s.

Tell em the broom story sarah !!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
hello how do you get ones nic from being in a lot of rooms can't get into any of the

KittyPawsâ„¢

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 11:58:27 AM »
BUTT, take it  to the  hcat police u goofball.......geezzzzz .  you started the broom stsory.......you finish it........:P:P:P

KittyPawsâ„¢

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »
in regards to age requirement in chat, you can put ANY AGE  down to be able to use the rooms, annd not have it be the actual age of the  chatter.  NO PROOF is  required to verify this requirement.  If youu wanwt to enforce this doesnt there need to be some form ofproof to back this ???

~Cosmina~

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:46 PM »
Noto, they are talking age not your IQ score.