Author Topic: Chrome warning of Malware  (Read 7343 times)

Bamberg_1

• View Profile
Chrome warning of Malware
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:33:17 AM »
Went to view the chatroom list today and got a big red screen from Google with a warning that the page contains Malware and I should not visit it at the moment.  The main log in page, users and photo album seemed to be ok.  Anyone else get this warning?

SoftlyWhisper

• View Profile
Re: Chrome warning of Malware
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:10:19 AM »
I just tried to come in and got the same big red page message.. im not going in till I know its safe

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
Yes i have been discussing security issues on Buzzen  in another blog . I got that big red page warning also and will not go back to chat

SωєєтSмιƖєƇαηαɗα

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:01:58 AM »
Some of you may have noticed you get a Connection Not Secure message in your browser when entering a Buzzen Chat Room. This is because currently we do not have a SSL certificate for our webchat server. We do have one on our main website and we are in the process of getting one for chat. All of your information is secure and our webchat server does not use any sensitive information. The chat is 100% safe. If you would like to read more infomation on https/SSL you can do so by visiting the following url. https://www.instantssl.com/ssl.html

this is a msg that has been on the buzzen forum for some time now. I too got the red screen from hell notice. Another way of joining is to click the room listed under 'popular chat rooms' listed on the main page when you sign in. At this point after you are in you can add it to your favourites or book mark it. Hope this helps!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:20:35 AM »
The room I join isnt showing on the main listing for popular rooms . And I am getting the red warning page also

SωєєтSмιƖєƇαηαɗα

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
you can click join room and then type in the name of the room you want to join

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »
I've never seen this warning and I use Chrome all the time. Can someone post a screenshot pls - this may help management to look into the problem.

Bamberg_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 12:52:00 PM »
Ok i have one but how do you attach it  ???

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
Thanks.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 04:33:31 PM »

Eyecu

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
Buzzen does not contain malware. This issue is due to Buzzen testing a new advertiser with more lax image policies than Google allows. I do not know why this issue all of a sudden happened as the advertising code has been part of the Channel List page for a few months now. We are in contact with Google Safe Browsing to sort this issue.

In the meantime you have four options you can do until Google removes the flag from the page.

1) Click on the details button, then click Visit this unsafe site.   Again the site contains no malware.
2) Turn off safe browsing in chromes options - Settings -> Advanced and Toggle Safe Browsing to off
3) Use the alternate channel list at http://chat.buzzen.com/ChannelsList
4) Use Edge or Internet Explorer as they do not use the google safe browsing database, but Microsofts.

Again there is no malware on Buzzen.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:33:42 PM by Eyecu »

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:45 PM »
(4   Dont go to that room heed the warning

MadieV~PHY~Gor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 08:29:27 PM »
Figured it was Google doing some snooping. Say, I didn't know that Google had stricter image policies than Buzzen! If the new advertiser has lax policies, does that mean that half the ads will be "inappropriate" and banned...like user images are?

Brutally_Honest

• Events
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 06:33:39 AM »
Buzzen IS the virus......kinda like Skynet ;)

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 06:43:54 AM »
Firefox still has the red warning page !