Author Topic: Certain Offensive words  (Read 3803 times)

__™

• View Profile
Certain Offensive words
« on: February 02, 2021, 08:06:57 PM »
I'm not if Nightmare is set to boot for certain words so forgive me if it does
Tues while chatting with the Moron Anthony, as usual he was mumbling and going off on ppl.
I personally have two words i find offensive  the C word and the N word.
As a former Host and Room Owner over the yrs  i understand some don't mind it
but Most Do.
Just wanted to Vent
Jon aka __â„¢ 

Re: Certain Offensive words
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 09:24:44 AM »
I don't think either one of those words serves a worthwhile purpose, but I guess it is up to the Room owner as to what is tolerable in regards to a kick.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 05:20:01 PM »
Nightmare is not programmed for ousting people for use of banned language, but the Buzzen bot is.

The "N" word isn't permitted on Buzzen.  That isn't an OM thing, it is Buzzen-wide.  They do not allow racist slurs, period.  If the bot doesn't pick it up, you can contact Buzzen with a screen shot (not copy and paste) and they will handle it.  I fully support Buzzen in this endeavor.

As for the "C" word, it is a long-standing debate. Some people don't like it, some do.  Frankly, I think it is a choice whether you use the word, or converse with people who opt to use it.  We all have access to the ignore button.  Same goes for politics, religion etc.  I don't think we should be policing people for content unless it is harmful to someone else.

By all means, feel free to weigh-in.

__™

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 07:39:38 PM »
Completely understand wanted to vent my feeling as it's not something i find to use but ty for the reply